Chamber Music on Valentia, Ireland
Valentia Island is the perfect place for a unique chamber music festival, nestled in a rich and vibrant landscape.
It is a spectacular location as one of Ireland’s most westerly points, steeped in history (ancient and recent) and boasts a host of stunning venues. Founded in 2014, Chamber Music on Valentia presents an annual festival of international stature throughout Valentia Island.
Thematically resonating with this backdrop, it connects performers and audience with inspirational performances in authentic settings, produces novel outreach activities and fosters a rich connection with the music and the performers.
- Amy BeachSuite for two pianos founded on Old Irish Melodies, Op. 104 (1st & 2nd mvts)
- Joan TrimbleButtermilk Point
- Joan TrimblePuck Fair
- Joan TrimbleThe Green Bough
- Joan TrimbleHumours of Carrick
- Joan TrimbleThe Gartan Mother's Lullaby
- RachmaninoffSymphonic Dances, Op. 45
- HaydnString Quartet in G, Op. 77 No. 1, Hob. III:81
- SchubertDeath and the Maiden, D 531
- SchubertString Quartet No. 14 in D minor, D 810 ‘Death and the Maiden’ (2nd mvt)
- SchubertString Quartet in G, D 887
Three members of the distinguished Piatti Quartet join Steinway Artist and long-time collaborator Simon Callaghan to form a new ensemble: the Piatti Ensemble. In their first official season in this new formation, they present a programme of much-loved works from this rich repertoire: Mozart, thought to be the first who composed for this line-up, Brahms’ Hungarian-infused masterpiece, and Frank Bridge’s lesser-known but equally wonderful Phantasy Quartet.
- MozartPiano Quartet in E♭, KV 493
- BridgePhantasy Quartet in F♯ minor, H 94
- BrahmsPiano Quartet in G minor, Op. 25