Beethoven Cello Sonata Cycle, Concert 1 of 3
Luton Music has been providing the people of the town and surrounding area with a rich diet of small-scale classical music since 1946.
It has become one of the leading promoters of such concerts throughout the UK, attracting the admiration of performing musicians, composers, concert agents, other promoters and, of course, the local musical public.
- BachSonata for viola da gamba & harpsichord in D, BWV 1028
- BeethovenCello Sonata No. 2 in G minor, Op. 5 No. 2
- ChopinPolonaise, Op. 3 (arr. Feuermann)
- RachmaninoffCello Sonata in G minor, Op. 19
Beethoven Cello Sonata Cycle, Concert 2 of 3
- BeethovenCello Sonata No. 1 in F, Op. 5 No. 1
- MyaskovskyCello Sonata No. 1 in D, Op. 12
- BridgeCello Sonata, H 125
- BeethovenCello Sonata No. 4 in C, Op. 102 No. 1
Under the artistic direction of pianist Peter Froundjian, the week-long festival has been taking place every year since August in the castle in front of Husum. The aim is to draw the attention of the audience to works that, despite their high quality, have not found their way into the common piano repertoire. The 'rarities of piano music' consists of ten concerts, two matinees and an exhibition. Through the production of a live CD (on the Danish label "Danacord"), a selection of the played works is distributed worldwide.
- Chaminade6 Romances sans paroles, Op. 76
- ScottPiano Sonata, Op. 66
- D'IndyPoème des Montagnes, Op. 15
- BaxPiano Sonata No. 4
Penkhull festival, UK
Established in 1966, Penkhull Festival is a classical music and arts festival which takes place in Stoke-on-Trent each September. The festival's home is the historic Domesday village of Penkhull, surrounded by the rolling countryside of the Staffordshire moorlands.
- BeethovenSonata in E♭, Op. 31 No. 3 ‘The Hunt’
- PoulencLes Soirées de Nazelles
- NicodéPhantasiestück No. 1, Op. 6
- NicodéNo. 6, Op. 22
- NicodéNo. 8, Op. 22
- SchumannCarnaval, Op. 9