Husum Festival of Piano Rarities, Germany
This concert will be repeated at 8.30pm.
Under the artistic direction of pianist Peter Froundjian, the week-long festival has been taking place every year since August in the castle in front of Husum. The aim is to draw the attention of the audience to works that, despite their high quality, have not found their way into the common piano repertoire. The 'rarities of piano music' consists of ten concerts, two matinees and an exhibition.
Through the production of a live CD (on the Danish label "Danacord"), a selection of the played works is distributed worldwide.
- Chaminade6 Romances sans paroles, Op. 76
- ScottPiano Sonata, Op. 66
- D'IndyPoème des Montagnes, Op. 15 (Le chant des bruyères)
- BaxPiano Sonata No. 4
Husum Piano Rarities 2018
The Berkeley Ensemble is delighted to be accepting applications for its annual Chamber Music Course for amateur musicians, and very much hope that the easing of restrictions relating to the Covid-19 pandemic will enable the course to take place.
3.30pm: Workshop with Richard Wigmore and the musicians on the works included in the evening’s programme.
- SchubertString Trio in B♭, D 471
- SchumannPiano Quartet in E♭, Op. 47
- BrahmsPiano Quintet in F minor, Op. 34
Established in 1966, Penkhull Festival is a classical music and arts festival which takes place in Stoke-on-Trent each September. The festival's home is the historic Domesday village of Penkhull, surrounded by the rolling countryside of the Staffordshire moorlands.
- SchumannWidmung (arr. Liszt)
- BeethovenSonata in E♭, Op. 31 No. 3 ‘The Hunt’
- PoulencMélancolie, FP 105
- PoulencHumoresque, FP 72
- Poulenc2 Intermezzi, FP 71
- MozartSonata in A, KV 331 (Rondo alla turca)
- DebussySuite bergamasque, L. 75 (Clair de lune)
- ChopinThree Waltzes, Op. 64 (No. 1)
- ChopinThree Nocturnes, Op. 9 (No. 2)
- GriegWedding Day at Troldhaugen, Op. 65 No. 6
- SchubertFantasy in C, D 760 ‘Wanderer’